Angela Chouaib, MD and founder of Secret Surgery, gets asked about multiple procedures on a regular basis – ‘Can I get a tummy tuck with a boob job?’ or ‘How about a labiaplasty with breast implants’? The truth is, any surgeon could perform even ten procedures on a patient in one go, and you could have yourself a full body makeover! But Secret Surgery do not, and will not, do that. Here’s Angela Chouaib explaining why.
At Secret Surgery, we work to the highest standards and take the greatest care to ensure our patients’ safety. If that means that we don’t offer certain options to our patients, then… that’s how it goes! Just think of us as your cosmetic surgery parents – we know what’s best. There are six main reasons why multiple procedures are a BAD idea:
1. It’s not a good idea to keep anyone under general anesthetic for that many hours.
2. Post-surgery, the pain would be unbearable – trust me, nobody would want that!
3. A tired surgeon isn’t a good surgeon; the longer a surgery goes on for, the less alert and concentrated your surgeon will be. They can’t nip out for a coffee break halfway through your procedure!
4. Letting a surgeon concentrate on one specific procedure is more likely to mean really good results in one area than an overall average result across your body.
5. The more areas we operate on, the more you are at risk of complications during healing.
6. Bacterial type varies in different parts of the body, and we don’t want to take the risk of cross-contamination – which we would be doing if we performed multiple surgeries!
We all know that waking up with a whole new body is a nice idea; but it’s just not safe. If you’re offered multiple surgeries at another clinic, please stop and make sure you’re not being offered ease and convenience at the cost of your own health. Remember – good things come to those who wait.